Friday, January 4, 2008

So far so good

So 2008 has been good so far. Thank God. I don't know how much more of 2007 I could've handled. In the paper today there was an obituaryfor a baby that had died at 2 hours old. I had already heard the story of what happened so I wasn't to shocked to see it, but it made me wonder how that mother was doing. Way to start the new year. It also made me thankful. There is never a good time to lose your baby, but it made me thankful that we lost Kamryn semi-early instead of carrying to term. How do you moms do it that carry your babies to term only to have them stillborn? I don't know how I would do it. We had just started buying things for her. Such as diapers wipes, unisex clothing, etc. I can't even imagine having to take apart a whole nursery. You ladies are my heroes.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Just wanted to say I think that family is holding up fairly well all things considered. I saw my friend today and she has been helping the mom with tomorrow's preparations. Very sad.
On a lighter note, Megan said she wants you to move in with us! Isn't that sweet? She said she would give you her room!!! I said Megan I think I recall Kasey uttering the words "I don't do the live-in nanny thing". She said Well Mom, she doesn't have to work the whole time she's here! Oh, she cracks me up.
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Michele

niobe said...

I think it's always hard to lose a baby -- no matter how far along in your pregnancy you are or how much or how little you've done to prepare. Because even without any tangible reminders like a crib or clothes, you've lost all your hopes and dreams for your child.